Green Lemon Risotto
1 cup of arborio rice
1.75 L vegetable stock
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
1 small onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 cups finely chopped leafy greens
2 small zucchinis, grated
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter (optional)
juice + zest of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 cup grated parmesan (optional)
basil leaves to serve
salt + pepper to season
1. Pour your stock into a pot, and bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cover.
2. Place a pan over medium heat, and add your butter if using, olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook slowly, stirring, until onion is soft.
3. Then add the rice, and stir for a few minutes over heat. Pour in your white wine, and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
4. Add your leafy greens, grated zucchini and a cup of your hot stock. Stir.
5. Continue adding a cup of hot stock at a time, stirring, and once the rice has absorbed the liquid, adding more. Repeat process until risotto is ready.
6. You will know the risotto is ready when the rice is cooked through, whilst each grain is still slightly al dente - meaning the rice has a tiny bite to it. Note: you may have a little stock leftover.
7. When finished, turn off the heat, just before the last of the liquid is absorbed.
8. Then stir through your lemon juice and zest. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with grated parmesan and fresh basil.