Pumpkin, Quinoa + Caramelised Walnut Salad
1/2 butternut pumpkin, chopped into cubes
2 cups pre-cooked Quinoa
2 cups rocket
1/2 cup finely chopped mint
1 cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tbs honey
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs Apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a tray with baking paper, and add the pumpkin cubes. Add a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Place in the oven to cook for 30-40 minutes or until soft and cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. On another lined baking tray, add the walnuts and drizzle with the honey. Place in the oven for ten minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
5. In a large salad bowl, combine the quinoa, roasted pumpkin, rocket, mint, walnuts, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar and toss well.
6. Season to taste.
7. Serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.