Roasted Carrot, Kale + Quinoa Salad
Serves 4 as a small main
4 cups of cooked quinoa
2 large bunches of baby carrots
4 cups of kale, finely chopped
1 cup of parsley, finely chopped
1 cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
2 tbs honey
Extra virgin olive oil
100g feta cheese or vegan feta
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius, fan forced.
2. Wash your carrots, and place them on a tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle the honey over the carrots, as well as 3 tbs of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
3. Bake carrots in oven for 30 - 45 minutes. The time will depend on both the size of your carrots and your oven, so keep an eye on them.
4. Place a pan on the stove over low heat. Add your walnuts, and toast until golden, tossing so they colour evenly. When your walnuts are toasted, remove from pan and pour into a bowl.
5. Add 1 tbs of olive oil to the pan and turn onto medium heat. Add your finely chopped kale, a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté until slightly wilted. Then remove from heat.
6. To assemble salad, take a large plate and pile on your quinoa.
7. Then add your sautéed kale, roasted carrots, parsley, and walnuts. Crumble the feta on top.
8. Lastly, drizzle over a few tablespoons of fresh olive oil, and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. Enjoy.