Salted Caramel Shortbread Slice
Makes 8 - 10 Muffins
1 cup rice malt syrup
3/4 cup coconut cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1 cup almond meal
75g butter, melted
1 tbs rice malt syrup
200g dark chocolate
1. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Line a 25 x 25 cm baking tin with baking paper.
3. Combine base ingredients in a bowl and mix until a loose dough forms. Press mixture into lined tin so you end up with a flat base.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
5. Add the rice malt syrup and salt to a small pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes, then add in coconut cream and butter and whisk well. Turn down to low, and simmer for five minutes or until caramel in colour.
6. Pour caramel over biscuit base and smooth out.
7. Melt chocolate either in microwave, stirring every ten seconds. Or, melt in a bowl over a pot of boiling water - Bain Marie method.
8. When melted pour chocolate over caramel. Place in the fridge to set.
9. After 20 minutes in the fridge, the slice will be ready to cut. Cut with a sharp knife into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.