Spiced Buckwheat + Pear Loaf
A delectable, warming Autumn inspired loaf, perfect for breakfast or morning tea.
Makes 8 slices.
3 free range eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking paper
1 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup almond milk (or any other milk)
3 pears, chopped into cubes + 3 slices of pear to decorate (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
2. Whisk eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, and butter together.
3. Then whisk in the baking powder, mixed spice, cinnamon, and buckwheat flour.
4. Lastly fold through the pear cubes.
5. Line a regular loaf tin with baking paper. Then pour in the mixture. Smoothing out the top with a spoon, and if using, placing the pear slices on top.
6. Bake in the oven for 45 -55 minutes, or until top is golden; and when a cake skewer is inserted, it comes out clean.
7. Remove loaf from the oven, and after five minutes, flip onto a wire rack to cool.
8. Store in an airtight container for up to five days, in a cool, dark space.
NOTE: you can you regular plain gluten free flour, if you don’t have Buckwheat Flour.