Sticky Tofu, Crispy Rice + Cucumber Salad
2 lebanese cucumbers
400g firm tofu
3 cups pre-cooked rice
2 limes, squeezed
1.5 tsp sesame oil
3.5 tbs soy sauce or tamari
3.5 tbs maple syrup or honey
2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp flour
1. Place a pan over medium heat, and add a drizzle of oil and your rice. Cook the rice, stirring occasionally for about 7-10 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Remove from heat and spoon into a bowl.
2. Cut the cucumbers into pieces, and place in a bowl. Add the sesame oil, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine, then set aside.
3. Cut tofu into 1 cm cubes. Place a pan over medium heat, and add a drizzle of oil. Add your tofu cubes, and cook tossing until golden. In the meantime, make your sauce by mixing together the soy, maple, pepper, garlic, ginger, and flour.
4. When tofu is golden, pour the sauce into the pan, and stir to coat tofu. Now turn off the heat.
5. To assemble the salad, add the cucumber and lettuce to bowls, then top with the crispy rice, sticky tofu, and sesame seeds.