Tomato, Basil + Quinoa Soup
1/2 cup of quinoa - I used Fermentanicals Sprouted Quinoa
10 large tomatoes
1/2 cup of tomato passata
2 cloves of garlic
5 cups of vegetable stock
1 handful of basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a tray with baking paper.
3. Halve the tomatoes, then place them on the tray and drizzle with some olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt.
4. 10 minutes in, add the whole garlic cloves to the tray.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until tomatoes are soft and lightly browned.
6. Remove tray from oven and add tomatoes and garlic to a large pot along with the stock, basil, and passata.
7. Use a stick blender to blend until you have a smooth tomato soup.
8. Place pot over medium heat and add quinoa.
9. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer. Simmer soup for 20 minutes until quinoa is cooked and flavours have developed.
10. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
11. Serve with extra basil, and a grating of Parmesan if you please.